Прокуратура США выдвинула обвинения в адрес учредителей покер-сайтов

Последний пост:26.05.2011
1 16 36 37 38 39 58 82
  • Ого! http://wombatpoker.com/ тоже прикрыли!

http://forumserver.twoplustwo.com/57/poker-legislation/wombat-poker-just-got-shut-down-1021721/

PS - http://www.ustream.tv/channel/quadjacks-black-friday
    1/9
    Ответить Цитировать
  • Да уж, они такие: всех разоблачат и раскроют! Из-за них можно спать спокойно, кстати!
    8/8
    Ответить Цитировать
  • Цитата (GodIsAnAstronaut @ 17.4.2011)
    Ого! http://wombatpoker.com/ тоже прикрыли!

что за сеть то?
    6/9
    Ответить Цитировать
  • Цитата (turbostat @ 17.4.2011)
    что за сеть то?

Ну я же оставил все ссылки...

О, обнадеживающий пост на 2+2!
    Цитата
    ur money is fine - i emailed them and they said guarenteed 90-120 day withdraw

Hello xxx,

Thank you for contacting Wombat Poker. We assure you that your money is safe and there is nothing to worry about. Deposits will be delayed 90-120 days but the fund are secure.

Thanks,
    Pete, Wombat Poker

Обсуждение на покетфайвс: http://www.pocketfives.com/f10016/wombat-poker-just-got-killed-also-634851/
    2/9
    Ответить Цитировать
  • http://www.interpol.int/Public/Wanted/InfraSA2011/Default.asp
    5/7
    Ответить Цитировать
  • Цитата (Soul @ 16.4.2011)
    faust, У знакомых возьму только, сори.

Иван, давай познакомимся по такому случаю :). Можно завтра за обедом за мой счет в любом ресторане Москвы ;) (если Пушкин, то без алкоголя).
    Шутка, конечно. Все равно лимиты на трансфер у меня маленькие, а сейчас не думаю, что старзы увеличат их мне :).

Но предложение хорошее.
    5/7
    Ответить Цитировать
  • Цитата (GodIsAnAstronaut @ 17.4.2011)
    Ну я же оставил все ссылки...

я бегло просмотрел, но какая сеть так и не понял.

Цитата (GodIsAnAstronaut @ 17.4.2011)
    Обсуждение на покетфайвс: http://www.pocketfives.com/f10016/wombat-poker-just-got-killed-also-634851/

"Wombat Poker CEO Pete 'TheWombat' Brooklyn extradited from Costa Rica on money laundering charges". Так и думал что Коста-Рика всех выдаст, а там много у кого недвижимость как выяснилось из документов ФБР.
    Сообщение отредактировал turbostat - 17.4.2011, 5:16
    7/9
    Ответить Цитировать
  • главное врагу не сдается гордый остров ман
    3/4
    Ответить Цитировать
  • This is just a quick post a friend told me I should make to shed some light on the situation:

Quick Bio, I graduated from UT Austin with a general finance degree before getting my law degree from Georgetown. I worked as general in house council for probably the most infamous (clue: vampire squid) investment bank on the street during their tango with the Department of Justice last year. I think this situation is very similar.

I currently work for an energy fund in texas with a financial processing center located in the Caymans, mostly handling inflowing investment capital, so I also have a working knowledge of how these online poker sites handle their capital inflow.

I play poker casually on stars, one of my best friends plays poker for a living, so I have a dog in this fight.
    That said, I have some general things to say:

1.) No company has ever survived an indictment by the DOJ. Ever. (I’m not talking about a criminal investigation, but actual charges – as in this situation)

2.) In this thread, a lot of people are implying that class actions suits or speaking with their representatives would help… Working with the DOJ in procuring information about my firm has convinced me of the contrary:

a.) the DOJ isn’t some “organization” you can pressure – they don’t really answer to the mass of voters because they aren’t elected.
    b.) The DOJ isn’t an entity you can make fold or bring suit against. They will absolutely deflect opposing litigation – think sovereign immunity. I know it’s difficult to imagine that in our American democracy anyone who is above the law, but the DOJ can basically skirt constitutional law at will. They never proved our bank did anything “unlawful” but we still paid a $500 million fine. It was basically an excise tax on financial institutions and allowed the DOJ to not lose face. There was NO legal precedence for it. Which leads to my last point:
    c.) No amount of connection will alleviate the situation (hence why convincing your representative is pointless). My firm was the most connected firm on the street. Many of our alum are working in high ranking positions in the government (they run the Treasury department). We still paid a fine.

3.) Processing inflowing capital has very stringent requirements – even if you’re located abroad. If the DOJ has made a formal indictment then you can be sure they HAVE a case. And even if they don’t there won’t be enough confidence left in either of the big 3 poker sites for players (from the States) to ever flock back (see: Arther Andersen). And even if the case falls flat Pokerstars/Tilt/etc will be forced into a settlement and you’ll be looking at a fine upwards $1 billion , USD.

4. you should attempt to withdrawal your money. I can only imagine some are recommending against it because they already have, and are afraid that because online poker sites don’t have “side pockets” that the effect will be similar to a “run on a bank.” While this is true, I’d urge you to try and withdrawal now.

The Department of Justice doesn’t lose – and in the rare instance that it do, they still raze the questionable firm to the ground.

Seek any recourse you can but get out now – whether it’s $500 or $50,000.

gg online poker :(
    9/17
    Ответить Цитировать
  • pyjka, Ты только и ищешь повод, чтобы марафон не играть
    22/36
    Ответить Цитировать
  • Цитата (Egik_v_tumane @ 17.4.2011)
    pyjka, Ты только и ищешь повод, чтобы марафон не играть

9/16
    Ответить Цитировать

• Новый аватар называется "Прощай, американец!"
    3/3
    Ответить Цитировать
  • Цитата (Баланс @ 17.4.2011)

Новый аватар называется "Прощай, американец!"

Профиль Обамы.
    4/10
    Ответить Цитировать
  • Там можно почитать об успешности кешаутов на данный момент, точнее сказать о неуспешности:
    http://forumserver.twoplustwo.com/29/news-views-gossip/cashouts-non-us-players-1020772/index42.html
    1/1
    Ответить Цитировать
  • Отпишитесь,как играется без американцев?
    5/10
    Ответить Цитировать
  • Цитата (pyjka @ 17.4.2011)
    This is just a quick post a friend told me I should make to shed some light on the situation:

Quick Bio, I graduated from UT Austin with a general finance degree before getting my law degree from Georgetown. I worked as general in house council for probably the most infamous (clue: vampire squid) investment bank on the street during their tango with the Department of Justice last year. I think this situation is very similar.

I currently work for an energy fund in texas with a financial processing center located in the Caymans, mostly handling inflowing investment capital, so I also have a working knowledge of how these online poker sites handle their capital inflow.

I play poker casually on stars, one of my best friends plays poker for a living, so I have a dog in this fight.
    That said, I have some general things to say:

1.) No company has ever survived an indictment by the DOJ. Ever. (I’m not talking about a criminal investigation, but actual charges – as in this situation)

2.) In this thread, a lot of people are implying that class actions suits or speaking with their representatives would help… Working with the DOJ in procuring information about my firm has convinced me of the contrary:

a.) the DOJ isn’t some “organization” you can pressure – they don’t really answer to the mass of voters because they aren’t elected.
    b.) The DOJ isn’t an entity you can make fold or bring suit against. They will absolutely deflect opposing litigation – think sovereign immunity. I know it’s difficult to imagine that in our American democracy anyone who is above the law, but the DOJ can basically skirt constitutional law at will. They never proved our bank did anything “unlawful” but we still paid a $500 million fine. It was basically an excise tax on financial institutions and allowed the DOJ to not lose face. There was NO legal precedence for it. Which leads to my last point:
    c.) No amount of connection will alleviate the situation (hence why convincing your representative is pointless). My firm was the most connected firm on the street. Many of our alum are working in high ranking positions in the government (they run the Treasury department). We still paid a fine.

3.) Processing inflowing capital has very stringent requirements – even if you’re located abroad. If the DOJ has made a formal indictment then you can be sure they HAVE a case. And even if they don’t there won’t be enough confidence left in either of the big 3 poker sites for players (from the States) to ever flock back (see: Arther Andersen). And even if the case falls flat Pokerstars/Tilt/etc will be forced into a settlement and you’ll be looking at a fine upwards $1 billion , USD.

4. you should attempt to withdrawal your money. I can only imagine some are recommending against it because they already have, and are afraid that because online poker sites don’t have “side pockets” that the effect will be similar to a “run on a bank.” While this is true, I’d urge you to try and withdrawal now.

The Department of Justice doesn’t lose – and in the rare instance that it do, they still raze the questionable firm to the ground.

Seek any recourse you can but get out now – whether it’s $500 or $50,000.

gg online poker :(

а какой смысл этого поста?
    1/32
    Ответить Цитировать
  • Цитата (turbostat @ 16.4.2011)
    Никто не рассматривает такой вариант, что уже задержанные могут сдать какую-либо инфу с помощью которой ФБР выйдет на основные счета румов?

ФБР не нужны ваши деньги и даже деньги, которые ПС и ФТП зарабатывают за пределами США. Они лишь хотят штрафануть румы за нарушения законов США (которые те явно нарушали в течение 4х лет) + предотвратить это нарушение в будущем (ну и может ещё посадить, кого смогут). Размеры штрафоф, конечно, представить себе трудно, но деньги игроков на счетах румов, даже американцев, должны быть в сохранности. Счета американцев, правда, могут быть заморожены на определённый срок, и это хреново, но пропасть эти деньги не должны.
    2/32
    Ответить Цитировать
  • Цитата (Свойдиллер @ 17.4.2011)
    Отпишитесь,как играется без американцев?

нл2 бьется уверенно
    1/5
    Ответить Цитировать
  • Цитата (Yasha @ 17.4.2011)
    нл2 бьется уверенно

на покерстарс все бьется так же как и раньше, только народу поменьше процентов на 30 ))
    7/8
    Ответить Цитировать
  • если что, то американские фиши одни из самых сильных фишей

как бы смешно это ни звучало ))
    1/5
    Ответить Цитировать
1632 поста
1 16 36 37 38 39 58 82
1 человек читает эту тему (1 гость):
Зачем регистрироваться на GipsyTeam?
  • Вы сможете оставлять комментарии, оценивать посты, участвовать в дискуссиях и повышать свой уровень игры.
  • Если вы предпочитаете четырехцветную колоду и хотите отключить анимацию аватаров, эти возможности будут в настройках профиля.
  • Вам станут доступны закладки, бекинг и другие удобные инструменты сайта.
  • На каждой странице будет видно, где появились новые посты и комментарии.
  • Если вы зарегистрированы в покер-румах через GipsyTeam, вы получите статистику рейка, бонусные очки для покупок в магазине, эксклюзивные акции и расширенную поддержку.